- NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity, by Steve Silberman — This recent New York Times bestseller is one of the newest and best overviews available.
- The OASIS Guide to Asperger Syndrome, Patricia Bashe and Barbara Kirby — This is a comprehensive book.
- Asperger’s Syndrome, by Tony Attwood
— This is one of the first and most well-known books about Asperger Syndrome. It is mostly descriptive for other professionals in the field, and does not contain a large amount of useful self-help or advice for individuals with Asperger Syndrome.
- Thinking In Pictures: and Other Reports from My Life with Autism, by Temple Grandin
— This is a famous book that you may enjoy.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, by Chantal Sicile-Kira
- Pretending to be Normal, by Liane Holliday Willey
- Women From Another Planet? by Jean Kearns Miller
- Your Life is Not a Label, by Jerry Newport
- Solutions For Adults With Asperger Syndrome: Maximizing the Benefits, Minimizing the Drawbacks to Achieve Success, by Juanita Lovett, Ph.D.